Rubber Flanged Standard
Styles 1092 & 1097
General Rubber’s Styles 1092 and 1097 rubber flanged standard ducting expansion joints are designed with lower spring rates for reduced reaction forces and greater movement capabilities within a compact body. This lightweight construction is optimally designed with external or internal molded flanges and represents the most cost-effective arrangement for low pressure flanged ducting applications. The construction includes a high-grade leak-proof tube, a seamless cover, multiple layers of high-strength tire cord and steel retaining rings. Additionally, they are designed to absorb large all-directional movements, reduce noise and vibration, have a cycle life in the tens of millions, compensate for misalignments, provide access to ducting and equipment and relieve duct and anchor stresses.
General Rubber’s Style 1092 offers improved performance capabilities and easier installation based on its U-shaped and performance based molded belt construction. Its fully molded flanges minimize the stresses along the inside edge and are available in standard face-to-face dimensions including 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 9″ and 12″.
General Rubber’s Style 1097 offers custom face-to-face dimensions based on its flat and versatile molded belt construction.
- 250°F continuous service standard (400°F available)
- ± 3 PSI continuous service
- Extremely lightweight and flexible
- Reducers and offset styles available
- Zero porosity in wet or dry service
- Economical, all-molded construction
- Round and rectangular designs in all styles and sizes
- Exceptional all-directional movement capability
- Absorbs system noise, vibration and shock
- Compensates for minor misalignment and offsets
- Integrally flanged design
- Low stiffness and deflection forces
- Carbon steel, stainless steel, or hot dip galvanized retaining rings available
- No gaskets required
- Excellent chemical and abrasion resistance
- Available with external or internal flanges