Double Sphere Connector
- Superior noise and vibration control
- Most economical flexible connector
- Precision molded spherical flowing arch design
- Solid galvanized steel floating flanges avoids the problematic hooked or interlocking split flange design
- High tensile aircraft cable is embedded in the raised face rubber ends to prevent pull out and avoids the sharp cutting edge of solid steel rings
- Safe industry standard proven design utilizing the same beaded cable technology established in the tire industry
- No gaskets required; ANSI 150 lb. drilling standard, other flange drilling available, including ANSI 300 lb., DIN, PN, JIS and API
- Compensates for minor misalignment and offset while providing easy access to piping and equipment
- Large inventory means quick shipments
- Multiple plies of tire cord reinforcement and a wide variety of tube and cover elastomers
- Additional features and benefits
- Control units
- Click here for item Cut Sheet
- Click here for complete catalog (Technical Guidelines)
- Click here to get Adobe Reader
- Maximum operating temperature of 250ºF for EPDM, Butyl, Hypalon®, and Viton®; 225ºF for Neoprene; 210ºF for Nitrile; 180ºF for Pure Gum Rubber; 300ºF for EPDM and Butyl in air service at 25 PSI maximum; higher pressure and temperature ratings available. For full product specifications and installation instructions, see SPEC 1010-1, and ININ 1010-1. Gross weights include flanges.
- For drilling information see 125/150 lb.
- WARNING: Control units (sold separately) must be used when piping is not properly anchored. Number of rods are dependent upon maximum field test pressures. Expansion joints may operate in pipelines carrying fluids at elevated temperatures and pressures, so precaution should be taken to ensure proper installation and regular inspection. Care is required to protect personnel in the event of leakage or splash. Adequate floor drains are always recommended.
- Movements are non-concurrent. Contact General Rubber for concurrent movements, and for sizes not shown up to 24" I.D.