High Temperature Expansion Joints
- Versatile hand-built construction allows General Rubber to design higher working temperatures. Made in the U.S.A.
- 350ºF continuous service with EPDM / Kevlar®
- 400ºF continuous service with Viton® / Kevlar®
- Standard or custom face to face dimensions
- Wide flowing arch design
- Exceptional all directional movement capability
- Virtually eliminates sediment buildup
- Higher pressure rating than conventional expansion joints
- Excellent chemical and abrasion resistance
- Full vacuum rating (30" Hg) in all style 1101HT sizes
- Filled arch design available
- Hot dip galvanized retaining rings standard
- Absorbs noise, vibration and shock
- Compensates for minor misalignment and offset
- Low stiffness and deflection forces
- Integrally flanged design, no gaskets required
- Simple to install and high strength
- Provides easy access to piping and equipment
- Other standard drilling available, including ASA 300, DIN, PN, JIS, API, and Navy
- Additional features and benefits
- Control units
- Click here for item Cut Sheet
- Click here for complete catalog (Technical Guidelines)
- Click here to get Adobe Reader
- All parts listed are designed for 30" Hg (full vacuum) and have a maximum test at 26" Hg due to facility altitude and equipment limitations.
- Maximum operating temperature of 350 deg F for EPDM/Kevlar and 400 deg F for Viton/Kevlar.
- All sizes can be supplied with a filled arch reducing their movements by 50% and increasing the spring rates fourfold.
- For full product specifications and installation instructions, see SPEC 1101HT-1 and ININ 1101HT-1. Gross weights include retaining rings.
- WARNING: Control units (sold separately) must be used when piping is not properly anchored. Number of rods are dependent upon maximum field test pressures. Expansion joints may operate in pipelines carrying fluids at elevated temperatures and pressures, so precaution should be taken to ensure proper installation and regular inspection. Care is required to protect personnel in the event of leakage or splash. Adequate floor drains are always recommended.
- Movements are non-concurrent. Contact General Rubber for concurrent movements, and for sizes not shown up to 144" I.D.
- All sizes can be supplied with multiple arches for increased movements and decreased spring rates.
- Standard 125/150 lb. drilling includes, 1"-24" with ANSI B16.1 Class 125 lb./B16.5 Class 150 lb., 30"-60" with ANSI B16.1 Class 125 lb./ B16.47 series A, Class 150 lb., 72"- 108" with ANSI B16.1 Class 125 lb./ AWWA C207 Class B.
- Contact General Rubber with your design conditions and we will provide a detailed drawing with our proposal.