Slip-on, Sleeve Type, Expansion Joints
Style 1081, 1082, 1083
- Economical slip-on design eliminates the need for mating flanges and hardware
- Extremely lightweight and flexible
- Large all directional movement capability with low stiffness and deflection forces
- 250ºF continuous service standard, 400ºF available
- More than (3) arches as well as reducers and offset styles available
- No gaskets required
- EPDM and multiple plies of tire cord reinforcements standard, with a wide variety of other tube and cover elastomers available
- Additional features and benefits
- Click here for item Cut Sheet
- Click here for complete catalog (Technical Guidelines)
- Click here to get Adobe Reader
- Expansion joints are sized to slip over schedule 40 pipe. Other I.D. dimensions are available.
- Movements are non-concurrent movements. Contact General Rubber for concurrent movements, and for sizes not shown up to 96" I.D.
- For full product specifications and installation instructions, see SPEC 1081-1, 1082-1 & 1083-1 and ININ 1081-1,1082-1 & 1083-1.
- WARNING: Anchors should be used to resist the pressure thrust force and isolate movements between expansion joints. Expansion joints may operate in pipelines carrying fluids at elevated temperatures and pressures, so precaution should be taken to ensure proper installation and regular inspection. Care is required to protect personnel in the event of leakage or splash. Adequate floor drains are always recommended.